Low Fat Red Pepper Hummus
1 16-ox can chickpeas
2 T. tahini
1 T. lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup roasted red pepper
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. salt
freshly ground pepper
1. Drain and rinse chickepeas, reserving liquid.
2. In small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, cayenne, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
3. Put chick peas in bowl of food processor and sprinkle spice mix over, evenly.
4. Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic and roasted red peppers, and blend.
5. Add freshly ground pepper.
6. Once hummus gets smooth, add reserved liquid until it reaches desired consistency.
7. Serve with toasted pita or raw veggies.